Sunday, September 23, 2012

Intertia Picture

In this picture, my parents are putting up my christmas tree from this past christmas. As you can see, it accidentally tipped over, and my dad had to catch it as it was falling. If the only thing holding it up normally is the little red thing that our family puts it in, why doesn't it fall over more often? Well, according to Newtons first law of motion, the law of inertia, an object at rest will stay at rest unless an outside force acts upon it. Similarly, it states that an object in motion will stay in motion unless a force is acted upon it. This is why the christmas tree stays standing when all thats holding it up is that little red stand, and also why when my mom tipped it over it would have hit the ground if my dad had not been there to catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment